Tennis ProgramsThe Tennis Club of Albuquerque offers tennis programs for all levels.
- USTA League Tennis
- Duke City Open Tournament
- TCA Junior Challenger L5 Open
- Intraclub Doubles competitions and Singles Challenge Ladder
- Monthly Mix-It-Up Doubles Socials
- Family Fun Days
- Private and group instruction
- Complete program pathway from 10 and under to college bound
- Weekly 12 & Under Tennis Groups-Members $18.00 + tax per hour/Non-Members $23.00 + tax per hour
- Weekly 13 & Over Beginner/Intermediate Tennis Groups-Members $18.00 + tax per hour/Non-Members $23.00 + tax per hour
- Play Days
- Summer Junior Team Tennis Coaching
- USTA Tournaments
- Private and group instruction
- Adult Beginner Clinics
- Shot of the Week Clinic
- Live Ball Clinics Gold-Silver-Bronze-Fusion
- USTA League team coaching
- Social Mix It Ups
- USTA Tournaments
Below is a list of TCA’s ongoing tennis programs. Please contact us with any questions.
Let us help you find the right program for your family!
Adult Beginners – Saturday 10:00am to 11:00am.
$18.00 + tax for members/$23.00 + tax for non-members.
Live Ball Clinics –
Please email email@example.com for times and registration. Live Ball classes are $23.00 + tax for members/$28.00 + tax for non-members. Classes are 1.5 hours.
Shot of the Week Clinic-Sunday 9:00am to 10:00am $18.00 + tax for members/$23.00 + tax for non-members.
USTA League Team Coaching –
USTA League Clinics scheduled by request. $22.50 + tax for members/$30.00 + tax for non-members.
TCA now offers private Pickleball lessons and clinics for individuals and groups. Pickleball lessons are $55.00 per hour for members. Groups of 4 or more can schedule clinics for $15.00 an hour per member.
Non-members will be charged an additional $5.00 an hour for all lessons and clinics.
Contact David Zumwalt, our Director of Tennis and Head Pickleball Pro, for more information, or call us directly at 505-262-1691.
Junior Programs sign-up policy:
All players must register for any junior program AT LEAST 24 hours in advance of the posted start time. This ensures that we are able to book the correct number of pros to work each clinic. To avoid staffing issues, we must regrettably decline any late sign-ups.
ATAC (Albuquerque Tennis Academy) is an advanced, competition-oriented clinic for juniors ages 10-18. The goal of ATAC is to develop junior players into well-rounded athletes who can compete and succeed at a high level in our sport. Players joining ATAC do not necessarily need to already be playing competitive high school or USTA junior tournaments, but their regular attendance at ATAC implies that they have the future goal of competing at least at an advanced high school varsity level. ATAC is designed for players who want to invest a large chunk of their time into tennis, and ATAC players will be expected to conduct themselves with Respect, Intensity, and Professionalism (our ATAC motto) both inside and outside of practice.
ATAC practices are currently held Tuesday through Friday from 5-7pm. All sign-ups are done through our website at: https://playtennis.usta.com/tennisclubofalbuquerque/Coaching
Tuesdays are focused on rally ball production, consistency, and fitness.
Wednesdays are focused on point starters (serves and returns), consistency, and fitness.
Thursdays are focused on net play (volleys), doubles tactics, and fitness.
Fridays are focused on point play, match preparation, and mental toughness.
Tennis Sign Up Forms
TCA is officially moving all of our 2024 Junior Program sign-ups to our new USTA PlayTennis site.
2024 Junior Clinics will begin after the holidays on January 9th. All junior players who want to participate in our 2024 Red Ball, Orange Ball, Green Ball, 13+ Beginner/Intermediate or ATAC clinics must register on our PlayTennis programs page, linked below:
In 2024, anyone who shows up for a junior clinic without first registering online will not be able to participate.
A few more important notes about registering for Junior clinics:
- Registration for each class opens 30 calendar days prior to the start time.
- Registration remains open until 24 hours before the start time.
- All classes are capped at a maximum number of students (8 for most classes, 16 for ATAC).
- Registration is first-come, first-served. By registering online, you are guaranteed a spot in that class, and will receive an automated confirmation email.
- To register for a class, you must pay in advance online. If TCA staff cancels the class for any reason, you will be automatically refunded.
- If you register for a class and need to withdraw, you will only receive a refund if you cancel online AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the start of that class.
- TCA members whose USTA emails we have on file should be able to receive the member discount when registering. If you are a club member and are not receiving the discount, simply provide us with the email address that is associated with your USTA account, and we can update our contacts and membership lists so that you receive the discount in the future. We can also credit you for any non-member fees you incurred during sign-up.
We are very excited about this new sign up system. It will help us streamline our junior programs, pro-staff management, and billing process.
We look forward to seeing you in 2024!
David Zumwalt, Director of Tennis